Wednesday, March 20, 2013

3-18/renaissance...


good morning today is day 10

of my lenten project.

it is also wednesday, march 20, 2013.

i want to welcome you.





my brother often laughs 
and refers to this period of my life
(the time between katherine's birth
and the time she was old enough
to enjoy pop culture)
as my 
"dark period".

~@~

truth be told...
the only time in my life
in which i experienced a 
dark period
was the two years following 
my mamaw's death.
even with all the assurance
and reassurance from GOD,
i missed her terribly!
she had been my rock.
i was sick.
i was tired.
i was so, so lonely...
(making matters worse,
john was spending a great amount of time
 in europe on business.)
i was depressed!

without her i was sinking.
i needed someone to throw me
a life ring.

when i finally asked,
GOD not only threw me one...
HE swam me back to shore!
i needed cpr...
HE never hesitated;
HE breathed life back into 
me.

~@~

i've already spoken in my videos
about...
sweetly repenting
about...
saving grace
about...
HIS HOLY SPIRIT
about...
blessed assurance.

the aforementioned when added together
brought about in me
renaissance...

~@~

i experienced
love
joy
peace
patience
grace
goodness
faith
kindness
stability

all fruits promised of
the HOLY SPIRIT.

~@~

i wanted to go to the highest mountain
and shout out to all the world
that

GOD IS REAL!



"the angel said to him, 'i am gabriel. i stand in the presence of GOD, and i have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.'"
 (luke 1:19 niv)

~@~

instead,
i shared my story with
only those really close to me.
i knew i needed
to know more
before i shared.

thus, i started going to friday morning bible study.
i signed up for thursday night discipleship study.
then, there happened to be an opening
to be on the purpose driven church committee.
ric, our preacher asked if i wanted to join
this rather ground-breaking group.

enthusiastically, i accepted his invitation!

~@~

about a month later,
our committee had our first weekend conference.
the drive there was filled with a lot of fellowship.
a different kind of fellowship
than i had ever experienced
in the confines of our church.

before i go any further i must explain...
when i joined our church
i only really knew a handful
of my fellow parishioners.
however, it wasn't long after my joining
that i personally knew most all
of the congregation,
and we had a rather large congregation.
i loved them ALL
and felt nothing but love in return.
THIS fellowship meant the world to me;
it was just different than what i later felt
among our purpose driven church group.

i felt GOD's presence in that van.
i KNEW we were on the cutting-edge
of doing GOD's will...
by stepping out of our comfort zone
with this new church 
science.


love and GOD's blessings,
dani xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment